Subject: Re: B-24A Pics
From: "Steve Bamford" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:56:55 -0700

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [email-masked] 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 10:57 PM
  Subject: B-24A Pics

  No this is not a LB-30....nor a B-24D.....This is one of the original B-24A 
  short nosed versions built. At some point in time it was modified to take the 
  longer nose of the B-24D.....Note the Round Engine cowlings.....also at some 
  point the windows were added (Executive Bird?)......I think it belongs to the 
  Confederate Airforce. It is shown here over a period of several years. Also 
  the nose art was updated at some point. You may be able to pick out the 
  differences in these shots. This is at Richmond International Airport in 
  Va......All pictures taken by me. Robert N. Abbott Jr.