Subject: Re: Another walk-around- Noorduyn Norseman
From: "Steve Bamford" <[email-masked]>
To: "gmcd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 19:33:46 -0700

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com
----- Original Message -----
From: gmcd <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 11:05 PM
Subject: Another walk-around- Noorduyn Norseman

> Here's another walk-around set, for the Noorduyn Norseman.  This set of
> photos are taken of four examples of the venerable Norseman.  The white
> aircraft on floats (C-FKAS) was used as a commuter aircraft for passenger
> service to the Gulf Islands between Vancouver and Vancouver Island.  It
> unfortunately crashed near Kuiper Island in March, 1995 when one of the
> float struts failed and it cartwheeled and sank.  All on board escaped,
and
> the hulk of the aircraft is currently in the back of the hanger at Pacific
> Aircraft Salvage Ltd.  The yellow aircraft (CF-SAN) is the restored
example
> held in the collection at the Edmonton Aviation Museum.  The black
aircraft
> (CF-BSC) was restored in the mid-80's by the Canadian Museum of Flight and
> Transportation, now located in Langley, B.C.  The silver aircraft is the
> ex-RCAF Norseman Mk.V held in the National Aeronautical Collection in
> Rockcliffe, Ontario.
>
> Oops, I accidently attached two of photo 11, I assume you'll catch that.
> All photos by Geoff McDonell
>