Subject: RE;photos of tug -10 thru 13
From: Vern Gwin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:54:55 -0600

This piece of equipment is a Clark 42,not the thickness of the rear
fenders and the single seat with a side cushion.They came with a
Chrysler flat head 6 cylinder enengine and 3 speed transmission with a
torque convertor.The rear axle is planetary drive and the hubs are
different side to side[I have had to source parts for them].

This tug is 1942 vintage and will turn on a dime and move easily a
considerable load,Aircraft in the 40-50000 pound range can be moved with
some care,we use two of these in our daily operations.

Our Clark 42 has had it tried flathead relpaced with a conventional 6
cylinder.

Our second Clark tug is a little newer,1946 we think?The main
differences are fender about 1/2 as thick and a bench set.We have
painted ours a few times and it has worn many shades our the years.

I will try to find some photos of our daily work horses and send them
for posting.

VERN