Subject: Re: airplane submission
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "greg kerry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 11:58:19 -0700

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again 
for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
ARC Air - Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.arcair.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "greg kerry" <[email-masked]>
To: "Arc Air" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 9:51 PM
Subject: airplane submission

Airfix 1/72 Harrier GR1

by Greg Kerry (chinagreg)
Please include your ARC Discussion Forum Name with your submission
-------------------- 

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here

This is the new GR1 kit from Airfix and generally it is pretty good. The 
cockpit is nicely done, the huge air intakes are well detailed, main wings 
and tailplanes are cast as one piece mouldings making the job of setting 
anhedral quite easy. Instructions are good too, for example, explaining how 
the air-brake cannot be opened too far if the plane is sitting on the 
ground.

However, the nature of the real plane means the kit doesn't go together with 
complete ease. Those intakes involve some trouble getting a good finish next 
to the auxilliary intake doors (and the roundal decals definitely need 
setting solution to conform over these). I had trouble too getting the nose 
to close properly over all that cockpit detail - quite possibly my fault 
though.

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg

Painting is also a touch difficult just because of the wing\fuselage shapes: 
masking the demarcation under the jet exhausts is a headache as is getting 
the top color overlap just under the wing and tailplane leading edges.

Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here

My model is finished with the kit decals - more than adequately I reckon. 
The boarding ladder is scrtachbuilt, the figures are old soft plastic items 
(I think) from Esci, and the Land Rover is the old Airfix kit from the 
Bloodhound missile set from many, many years ago which I just tarted up a 
little with wing mirrors and an etched brass radiator grill.

All in all then, a nice little model but perhaps beginners would find it 
difficult to produce a really good model from this kit."your name goes here"

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg

Just delete any of the boxes below you don't need.....it's not important to 
include them.....they are there to give you an idea of the finished article. 
It is best to limit your article to no more than 60 or so photos, so the 
finished webpage won't take too long to open.

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 17.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 18.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 19.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 19.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 20.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 20.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 21.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 21.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 22.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 22.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 23.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 23.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 24.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 24.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 25.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 25.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 26.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 26.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 27.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 27.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 28.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 28.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 29.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 29.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 30.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 30.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 31.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 31.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 32.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 32.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 33.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 33.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 34.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 34.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 35.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 35.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 36.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 36.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 37.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 37.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 38.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 38.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 39.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 39.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 40.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 40.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 41.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 41.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 42.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 42.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 43.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 43.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 44.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 44.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 45.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 45.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 46.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 46.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 47.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 47.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 48.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 48.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 49.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 49.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 50.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 50.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 51.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 51.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 52.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 52.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 53.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 53.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 54.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 54.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 55.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 55.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 56.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 56.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 57.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 57.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 58.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 58.jpg

Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 59.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 59.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 50.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 50.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 61.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 61.jpg 
Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 62.jpg here. 
Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 62.jpg

Photos and text © by Greg Kerry