Subject: Re: Gallery Article "Indian Feathers F-16"
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Andreas Gordes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 13:23:41 -0700

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
ARC Air - Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.arcair.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Andreas Gordes 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:03 AM
  Subject: Gallery Article "Indian Feathers F-16"

  Gallery Article Template

  "Indian Feathers F-16, Tamiya 1:48 61102" 

  by "Andreas Gordes" 

  Please include your ARC Discussion Forum Name with your submission 
  -------------------- 

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here 

  The fourth and final part about Tamiya's 1:48 F-16 examines 61102, the 'F-16C [Block 32-52] "Thunderbirds"' boxing. The kit contains both light and heavy weight landing gears, so OOB you could build a Block 25, 32 and 52. For an early C model one should consider the stiffeners. For a Block 42 like we see here we also need a typical WAR HUD. Not mentioned in the instruction, but the kit provides the typical weapons load out coming with all four Tamiya Vipers.

  The only special addition in this kit is sprue 'T' (for T'Birds) with a pilot's torso, a skull with HGU-33 and ox hose and the Paraffin smoke pipe, all typical for an airshow configuration. But why not a pair of arms, no T'Bird ladder? And why did Tamiya not add a display stand like they did in 1:32 ? Author really hopes that there will be an edition in the future including a stand (see picture 5 how it works).

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg

  The sprues are injected in white and that is an advantage of the kit! The four part intake trunking is very hard to paint - this could be needless here. Also with the landing gear the white plastic helps to get easier results. 

  The Tamiya kit is difficult to build but leads to a very realistic showing aircraft even OOB. It provides two canopies, one for open and the second for closed. With a pilot figure and provisions for a stand it can be shown in flight. Metal parts and detachable stabilizers allow easier transports. All this makes the Tamiya F-16 into an almost perfect scale aircraft kit.

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here 

  For those who like to improve the model, there are of course many options available. The ones that have been used here are listed in picture 7. There are also prices shown in Euro to give an estimation how expensive and time consuming scale modeling is. But has it to be that complex?

  Enjoy the pictures and then make your own decision!

  "Andreas Gordes"

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg

  Just delete any of the boxes below you don't need.....it's not important to include them.....they are there to give you an idea of the finished article.  It is best to limit your article to no more than 60 or so photos, so the finished webpage won't take too long to open.

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg

   

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 17.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 18.jpg

   

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 19.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 19.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 20.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 20.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 21.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 21.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 22.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 22.jpg

   

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 23.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 23.jpg

        

   

   

  Photos and text © by "Andreas Gordes"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Diese E-Mail ist frei von Viren und Malware, denn der avast! Antivirus Schutz ist aktiv.