Subject: Re: F6F-5 Hellcat, Hasegawa 1/32 scale
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Olivier BARLES - MD" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 02:05:26 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again 
for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
ARC Air - Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.arcair.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Olivier BARLES - MD" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:51 AM
Subject: F6F-5 Hellcat, Hasegawa 1/32 scale

<> Bo <> nj <> ou <> r, <>
 <>
 <> He <> re <> a <> re <> a
<> f <> ew <> p <> ic <> tu
<> re <> s  <> of <> my 1/32 scale
Hasegawa Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat I just finished building a month ago.

I had this box for 25 years or so and I somehow let it sleep until I
found it again last year.

The general shape of the model is rather accurate - at least, it does
not have this inaccurate rounded back the Trumpeter model has, but to
try reaching the current modelling standards, some works had to be done.

If the model has wings with raised rived and engraved lines and panels,
the fuselage has nothing engraved...
As on most of the Hellcat pictures there are many rivets heads on which
paint has been erased, in order to reproduce that look I decided to
delicately engrave the lines of the fuselage sections but keeping the
raised lines of rivets around intact.

Then, after painting, I simply erased with a 3000 sand paper (and lots
of care!) the entire model so that the rivets heads become visible in
their natural metal color

I also went for other improvement works such as vacu-forming the sliding
part of the canopy in order to keep it open in a realistic manner,
scratch-building the cockpit, adding engine plugs cables and the brake
cables on the landing gear...

Finally, I chose the markings of what should have probably been the most
attractive deco ever painted on an Hellcat, the "Cat Mouth" of    the
VF-27...

Merci,

Olivier

Important Notice:
This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of 
the intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is 
confidential, privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or 
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender 
by return e-mail message and delete all copies of the original 
communication. Thank you for your cooperation.