Subject: Re: ARC Submission
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Graham Symmonds" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 14:30:02 -0700

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
ARC Air - Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.arcair.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Graham Symmonds 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 6:24 PM
  Subject: ARC Submission

  1/32 WNW LVG C.VI

  by Graham Symmonds
  --------------------

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here 

  This is my first attempt at a WW1 plane - the rigging and the wood always scared me off.  Fortunately in the web today there are enough resources to get a little more comfortable.  Without a doubt I could not have completed this model without access Des Delatorre's great site  www.ww1aircraftmodels.com which lays out the techniques you need to go forward.  Overall the WNW models are incredible.  The detail out of the box is great and the engineering is top notch.  I wanted to do a bit of a scene - something like preparations for an early morning flight in early winter/late fall.  I scratch built the grenade box and used a brown paper bag to make up something resembling a greased box to house the flares.  

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg

  The construction is very straightforward - the one issue I had was getting the lozenge decals to set down - I think there's a trick to that I haven't figured out yet.  I used Bob's Buckles for the eyelets and rigging hardware (www.bobsbuckles.co.uk) and EZ Line from Berkshire Junction for the rigging.  This is a highly elastic material and is quite forgiving.  Certainly keeping track of all the rigging is a chore, but overall I think it was straightforward (following Des' tutorials - the guy's work is truly remarkable!).  It took about 3 or 4 evenings to complete the rigging.

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here 

  The base is one picked up at a hobby shop, with Woodland Scenics vinyl turf mat and Snow sprinkled on top.  I really enjoyed the build - it sure is nice to model a colorful aircraft and theses WW1 birds are certainly that!  

  Graham

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg

   

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg

   

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg

        

   

        

       

  Photos and text © by Graham Symmonds

  Graham