Subject: Re: post on Feb 15th update (please)
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Carlos Alvarez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 01:10:44 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
ARC Air - Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.arcair.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Carlos Alvarez 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 10:12 AM
  Subject: post on Feb 15th update (please)

  " Hasegawa 1/72 F-18C Super Hornet "

  by "Carlos Alfonso Alvarez"
  --------------------

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 01.jpg here 

  When I built any model I like to do some investigation about the version of the model to know the history of it. Some information that I found about this version of the F-18C Super Hornet is: The F/A-18 C/D Super Hornet is the U.S. Navy's strike fighter which replaced the F-14 Tomcat fleet. This model is from the Strike Fighter Squadron 195 (VFA-195), also known as the "Dambusters", is a United States Navy F/A-18C Super Hornet fighter squadron stationed at Naval Air Facility Atsugi. They are a part of Carrier Air Wing Five (CVW-5) and their tail code is NF. VFA-195 squadron exists to provide power projection for the United States. 

  It is the first time in my life that I built a Hasegawa model and I choose this one because I don't have a Super Hornet model yet so even if I are not an expert I decided to do it. Before starting my adventure building this model I had to decide how I wanted to build it, so after check what I would like to have I decided to build the model with an open cockpit cabin to be able to easily appreciate the interior of the cockpit. Also I decided to leave the brake which is between the two vertical stabilizers opened. Once this was decided, I started to cut all the parts  using an special knife of the brand TESTORS which allow me to remove all the extra material that is not useful in a very easy way. One thing that I like about this kit is the decals in the cockpit as well as the details in the pilot as you can see in the pictures.

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 03.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 03.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 04.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 04.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 05.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 05.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 06.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 06.jpg

   

  For de decals of the model, I decided to use the "VFA-195 Dambusters" you can see the pictures, the details of it. Also I wanted to full the model with missiles and ammo, so I put on the model all the ammo available from the kit and I added 2 missiles taken from a F-14 Tomcat model. I really like the way it looks like...

          

        Steve Bamford will insert full sized version of photo 02.jpg here 

  "Carlos Alfonso Alvarez"

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 07.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 07.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 08.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 08.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 09.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 09.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 10.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 10.jpg

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 11.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 11.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 12.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 12.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 13.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 13.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 14.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 14.jpg

   

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 15.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 15.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 16.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 16.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 17.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 17.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 18.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 18.jpg

   

        Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 19.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 19.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 20.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 20.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 21.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 21.jpg
       Steve Bamford will insert a click-able smaller version of photo 22.jpg here.  Clicking on that photo will bring up the full sized version of photo 22.jpg

   

   

  Photos and text © by "Carlos Alfonso Alvarez"